Thanks for joining us again on this wonderful episode on this platform. We pray you the grace of God and His presence shall continually beautify your life. We really appreciate it.
Before we proceed to the topic of today, we have an important announcement to share. We have crossed a notable milestone on this blog, we now have over 20 posts and we’ve had over 600 unique visitors in the three months we launched. We are glad to have achieved this and we know we couldn’t have done this without you visiting and sharing these posts. Glory to God in the highest.
Proceeding to the topic of today, we would like to share with you 5 reasons why evangelism is necessary for us as Christians. To be candid, we cannot over-emphasize the importance of evangelism. It is a vital requirement for each and every Christian. The mandate Christ gave His disciples was crystal clear and it extends to every true Christian.
“Go ye therefore, and teach [make disciples of] all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world” (Matthew 28:19-20).
Apart from this being a commandment of Jesus to us, I believe it to be an opportunity to extend the love of Christ we are enjoying to others. The kingdom of Christ is a kingdom where love dwells abundantly. The Bible says in Col. 1:12-14, that we’ve been “called out of the dominion of darkness and have been conveyed into the kingdom of the Son of His love.” Therefore, our aim should be announcing to people of how we have been miraculously delivered from the kingdom of darkness into God’s amazing fellowship.
Now, we are going to share with us 5 reasons why evangelism is important for us as Christians:
- Evangelism is fulfilling the will of God: The scriptures clearly spells this out in “1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.” It is God’s desire that all men should come to the knowledge of His son Jesus and thereby become saved. By evangelism and spreading the good news of the Christ, we are automatically bringing the will of God into fulfilment. As a result of this, we grow into the fullness of God’s will individually and as a member of a body of Christ.
- Evangelism is a spiritual mandate: As I mentioned earlier, evangelism is a spiritual commandment given to us by Christ Jesus. The sooner we start seeing it as a mandate, the sooner we begin to appreciate the importance of this holy mission. Mark 16:15-16. In addition to this, our evangelising should start from our environment Acts 1:7. We don’t have to go to Jamaica or Sweden to preach when there are people under the bondage of sin all around us. The disciples started from Jerusalem, their vicinity, then they proceeded to light up the whole world with the message. Brighten up that your corner before you think of being a blinding comet.
- Evangelism is vital because Jesus is the way: “John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” Jesus is the way to the Father. It is as simple as that. No man can approach the Father unless he believes in the name of Jesus. It is important to share this amazing truth with people. Some have being deceived by falsehood, believing that there are many ways to God, we have to inform them otherwise. We have to tell them that, “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. – Act 4:12 ”
- Evangelism is an opportunity to extend Grace: By preaching the word of God to people, we are pouring out of the abundance of God’s grace to others. “Ephesians 2:8-9 NKJV – For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.” Our realisation that this grace given to us is not of ourselves and the understanding that it is unlimited should enthuse us to share it with other. By bringing people to Christ, we are lighting the world with many more beacon of grace.
- Evangelism is important to creating Heaven on Earth: This is the will of the Father, to bring heaven to earth. The Bible says in Mat 6:10, “Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.” The medium to bring about the creation of heaven on earth is evangelism. God isn’t going to invade the earth and make it heaven on earth as in a military invasion. What He will do is make heaven out of earth through the actions of us Christians (His yielded people). By manifesting and sharing the good news of Christ, our lives begin to change others, till they repent and turn to Jesus.
To wrap this up, I’d like to say that our lives and our actions are in significant measure, louder voices of evangelism than our words. We must live our lives in a way that draws people to Christ.
Let’s take this prayer: Father, make us beacons of light to the lost in our environment, state and our country. Help us evangelise with our lives, actions and words. Amen
Thanks for joining us again this Tuesday. Don’t forget to share this post and let’s keep shining the light till we bring heaven on Earth.