Do we really know what is going on when we pray? When we bow your head at the family dinner or when we’re about to head out for the day? Do you really know the series of events occurring?
Prayer is the act of communicating with God. It is the continuous renewal of fellowship with Him. When we pray in faith, things begin to happen beyond our control in our favour.
Here are a few things that happen when we pray;
– Our Hearts are drawn closer to God: When we pray, we experience a closeness to God initiated by our desire for Him. When we long for Him, he reaches out to us in love to us and draws our heart closer to himself. With every word of prayer we utter, we take one step in His direction, and he never rejects us when we seek Him.
“Lamentations 3:25 (KJV) The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.”
– We Surrender Control to a Higher Power: Prayer is an act of surrender. When we pray, we realize that we can’t do anything by our own power, and we surrender all to One who is able to do exceedingly above all that we ask or think. Eph 3:20. When we are troubled and distressed, when we have come to the end of ourselves, praying to God helps us surrender the driving seat of our lives to Him, telling him to take absolute control.
– We Receive Strength: God is our eternal source of strength. Every word of prayer directed to God in faith, releases strength to us. Our prayers to God leverages on His unmatchable strength that comes to our aid, to solve our problems and fill us with confidence.
“Psalms 27:14 (KJV) Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.”
Waiting on the Lord in prayers, releases His strength to us.
– We Humble Ourselves: Prayer is the purest act of humility. And God never despises the humble, what he does is lift them up. When we humble ourselves in prayer, realizing we can’t do anything on our own, God elevates us and lifts us up on lofty wings, binding hope in our hearts. The Bible says it best in “James 4:10 Humble yourselves before the Lord and he will exalt you.”
– We do God’s Will: Above all, it is God’s will for us to pray constantly and without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17. When we pray at any particular time, we do God’s perfect will. How much can you say that of other things you do with your time?
– We Receive Answers: Finally, our prayers of faith ultimately bring us the answers we desire. The Bible says in 1 John 5:14-15 (KJV)
“And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.”
When we pray, we know that our petitions and requests are granted in faith.
Prayer shouldn’t be something you’re forced to do. I believe these words are able to convince you of the benefits of praying to God everyday and every time. When we pray, the transformation that occurs in our lives is more than what eyes can see. Cultivate an attitude of prayer, and pleasing God will become easier for you.
If you were blessed by this. Kindly share below with your family and friends. Cheers!